Some tips, software and shortcut that are useful with mac. Mostly oriented for developers 101.
- ctrl + ⌘ + space For emojis 😉💪🏝🙆️
- Delete a folder and file with delete instead of move to trash
- shift + ⌘ + . for showing hidden files
- ctrl + space for language switching 🇺🇸 - 🇱🇨
- fn + f11 to see the desktop background
- ctrl + ← or → to go to the different desktops
- ctrl + ↓ to choose which window in the desktop
The image will be saved on the desktop:
- Shift + ⌘ + 3 For a full screenshots
- Shift + ⌘ + 4 To select what to screenshots within the screen
To copy the screenshot (not creating a file), hold the ctrl button while doing the above.
Change your name
Change your name on Mac:
sudo scutil --set ComputerName "newname" sudo scutil --set LocalHostName "newname" sudo scutil --set HostName "newname"